Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, Transactions of Civil Engineering volume 46, pages1515–1525 (2022)Cite this article
- 99 Accesses
- 2 Citations
천해 방정식을 기반으로 하는 2차원 흐름 모델은 댐 붕괴 흐름을 모델링하기 위해 개발되었습니다. 공간 이산화는 유한 체적 셀 중심 유형 방법에 의해 얻어집니다.
수치 시스템은 명시적인 방식으로 해결됩니다. 플럭스 모델링은 시간과 공간 모두에서 2차 정확도로 TVD WAF 방식으로 배포되었습니다. 로컬 리만 문제는 셀 인터페이스에서 HLLC 방법으로 해결됩니다. 수치 모델은 모델 결과와 해석 솔루션을 비교하여 검증합니다.
그런 다음 수치 모델의 결과는 90° 및 180° 편차 각도를 갖는 수로 및 삼각형 바텀 씰 위의 직선 수로에서 사용 가능한 실험 데이터와 비교됩니다. 결과는 댐 파괴파를 예측하는 현재 모델의 합리적인 성능을 확인합니다.
A two-dimensional flow model based on shallow water equations is developed for modeling dam-break flows. The spatial discretization is obtained by the finite volume cell centered type method. The numerical system is solved in explicit way. The flux modeling has been deployed by TVD WAF scheme with a second-order accuracy in both time and space. The local Riemann problem is solved by the HLLC method in the interface of the cells. The numerical model is verified by comparison of model results and analytical solutions. Then the results of numerical model are compared with available experimental data of dam-break waves in a channel with 90° and 180° deviation angle and in a straight channel over a triangular bottom sill. The results confirm the reasonable performance of the present model in predicting dam-break waves.
This is a preview of subscription content, access via your institution.
- Finite volume
- Shallow water equations
- Ata R, Pavan S, Khelladi S, Toro EF (2013) A Weighted Average Flux (WAF) scheme applied to shallow water equations for real-life applications. Adv Water Resour 62:155–172Article Google Scholar
- Aureli F, Maranzoni A, Mignosa P, Ziveri C (2008) A weighted surface-depth gradient method for the numerical integration of the 2D shallow water equations with topography. Adv Water Resour 31(7):962–974Article Google Scholar
- Bell SW, Elliot RC, Hanif Chaudhry M (1992) Experimental results of two-dimensional dam-break flows. J Hydraul Res 30(2):225–252Article Google Scholar
- Benkhaldoun F, Sari S, Seaid M (2015) Projection finite volume method for shallow water flows. Math Comput Simul 118:87–101MathSciNet Article Google Scholar
- Chung TJ (2010) Computational fluid dynamics. Cambridge University PressBook Google Scholar
- Einfeldt B, Munz CD, Roe PL, Sjögreen B (1991) On Godunov-type methods near low densities. J Comput Phys 92(2):273–295MathSciNet Article Google Scholar
- Erduran KS, Kutija V, Hewett CJM (2002) Performance of finite volume solutions to the shallow water equations with shock-capturing schemes. Int J Numer Meth Fluids 40(10):1237–1273MathSciNet Article Google Scholar
- Gallardo JM, Schneider KA, Castro MJ (2019) On a class of two-dimensional incomplete Riemann solvers. J Comput Phys 386:541–567MathSciNet Article Google Scholar
- Fraccarollo L, Toro EF (1995) Experimental and numerical assessment of the shallow water model for two-dimensional dam-break type problems. J Hydraul Res 33(6):843–864Article Google Scholar
- Gupta SC (2019) Numerical grid generation and parallel computations. J Aerosp Eng Technol 5(1):11–22Google Scholar
- Hosseinzadeh-Tabrizi A, Ghaeini-Hessaroeyeh M (2015) Coupled dam-break flow and bed load modelling using HLLC-WAF scheme. Water Sci Technol 72(7):1155–1167Article Google Scholar
- Kocaman S, Ozmen-Cagatay H (2015) Investigation of dam-break induced shock waves impact on a vertical wall. J Hydrol 525:1–12Article Google Scholar
- Liang Q, Borthwick AGL, Stelling G (2004) Simulation of dam-and dyke-break hydrodynamics on dynamically adaptive quadtree grids. Int J Numer Meth Fluids 46(2):127–162Article Google Scholar
- Liang D, Lin B, Falconer RA (2007) Simulation of rapidly varying flow using an efficient TVD–MacCormack scheme. Int J Numer Meth Fluids 53(5):811–826Article Google Scholar
- Munoz DH, Constantinescu G (2020) 3-D dam break flow simulations in simplified and complex domains. Adv Water Resour 103510
- Muscat L, Puigt G, Montagnac M, Brenner P (2019) A coupled implicit-explicit time integration method for compressible unsteady flows. J Comput Phys 398:183MathSciNet Article Google Scholar
- Ozmen-Cagatay H, Kocaman S (2010) Dam-break flows during initial stage using SWE and RANS approaches. J Hydraul Res 48(5):603–611Article Google Scholar
- Ozmen-Cagatay H, Kocaman S, Guzel H (2014) Investigation of dam-break flood waves in a dry channel with a hump. J Hydro Environ Res 8(3):304–315Article Google Scholar
- Pongsanguansin T, Maleewong M, Mekchay K (2015) Consistent weighted average flux of well-balanced TVD-RK discontinuous galerkin method for shallow water flows. Modelling and simulation in Engineering, pp. 591282
- Pongsanguansin T, Maleewong M, Mekchay K (2016) Shallow-water simulations by a well-balanced WAF finite volume method: a case study to the great flood in 2011. Thailand Comput Geosci 20(6):1269–1285MathSciNet Article Google Scholar
- Soares-Frazão S (2007) Experiments of dam-break wave over a triangular bottom sill. J Hydraul Res 45(sup1):19–26MathSciNet Article Google Scholar
- Soares Frazao S, Abbeels S, Messens M (2019) Dam-break flow in a channel with a 90° bend and mobile bed: experimental and numerical simulations. In: 38th IAHR world congress
- Toro EF (1992) Riemann problems and the WAF method for solving the two-dimensional shallow water equations. Philos Trans Roy Soc Lond Ser A Phys Eng Sci 338(1649):43–68MathSciNet MATH Google Scholar
- Toro EF, Spruce M, Speares W (1994) Restoration of the contact surface in the HLL-Riemann solver. Shock Waves 4(1):25–34Article Google Scholar
- Toro EF (2001) Shock-capturing methods for free-surface shallow flows, vol 868. Wiley, New YorkMATH Google Scholar
- Toro EF, Garcia-Navarro P (2007) Godunov-type methods for free-surface shallow flows: a review. J Hydraul Res 45(6):736–751Article Google Scholar
- Toro, E.F., 2013. Riemann solvers and numerical methods for fluid dynamics: a practical introduction. Springer Science & Business Media.
- Valiani A, Caleffi V, Zanni A (2002) Case study: Malpasset dam-break simulation using a two-dimensional finite volume method. J Hydraul Eng 128(5):460–472Article Google Scholar
- Xia J, Lin B, Falconer RA, Wang G (2010) Modelling dam-break flows over mobile beds using a 2-D coupled approach. Adv Water Resour 33(2):171–183Article Google Scholar
- Zia A, Banihashemi MA (2008) Simple efficient algorithm (SEA) for shallow flows with shock wave on dry and irregular beds. Int J Numer Meth Fluids 56(11):2021–2043MathSciNet Article Google Scholar
- Zoppou C, Roberts S (2003) Explicit schemes for dam-break simulations. J Hydraul Eng 129(1):11–34Article Google Scholar
- Zhou JG, Causon DM, Ingram DM, Mingham CG (2002) Numerical solutions of the shallow water equations with discontinuous bed topography. Int J Numer Meth Fluids 38(8):769–788Article Google Scholar