Flood Inundation Evolution of Barrier Lake and Evaluation of Regional Ecological Spatiotemporal Response — A Case Study of Sichuan-Tibet Region
중국 쓰촨-티베트 지역은 댐 호수의 발생과 붕괴를 동반한 지진 재해가 빈번한 지역이었습니다. 댐 호수의 붕괴는 하류 직원의 생명과 재산 안전을 심각하게 위협합니다.
동시에 국내외 학자들은 주변의 댐 호수에 대해 우려하고 있으며 호수에 대한 생태 연구는 거의 없으며 댐 호수가 생태에 미치는 영향은 우리 호수 건설 프로젝트에서 매우 중요한 계몽 의의를 가지고 있습니다.
이 기사의 목적은 방벽호의 댐 붕괴 위험을 과학적으로 예측하고 생태 환경에 대한 영향을 조사하며 통제 조치를 제시하는 것입니다. 본 논문은 쓰촨-티베트 지역의 Diexihaizi, Tangjiashan 댐호, Hongshihe 댐의 4대 댐 호수 사건을 기반으로 원격 감지 이미지에서 수역을 추출하고 HEC-RAS 모델을 사용하여 위험이 있는지 여부를 결정합니다.
댐 파손 여부 및 댐의 경로 예측; InVEST 모델을 이용하여 1990년부터 2020년까지 가장 작은 행정 구역(군/구)이 위치한 서식지를 평가 및 분석하고, 홍수 침수 결과를 기반으로 평가합니다. 결과는 공학적 처리 후 안정적인 댐 호수(Diexi Haizi)가 서식지 품질 지수에 안정화 효과가 있음을 보여줍니다.
댐 호수의 형성은 인근 토지 이용 유형과 지역 경관 생태 패턴을 변화 시켰습니다. 서식지 품질 지수는 사이 호수 주변 1km 지역에서 약간 감소하지만 3km 지역과 5km 지역에서 서식지 품질이 향상됩니다. 인공 홍수 방류 및 장벽 호수의 공학적 보강이 필요합니다.
이 논문에서 인간의 통제가 강한 지역은 다른 지역의 서식지 질 지수보다 더 잘 회복될 것입니다.
The Sichuan-Tibet region of China has always been an area with frequent earthquake disasters, accompanied by the occurrence and collapse of dammed lakes. The collapse of dammed lakes seriously threatens the lives and property safety of downstream personnel.
At the same time, domestic and foreign scholars are concerned about the surrounding dammed lake there are few ecological studies on the lake, and the impact of the dammed lake on the ecology has very important enlightenment significance for our lake construction project. It is the purpose of this article to scientifically predict the risk of dam break in a barrier lake, explore its impact on the ecological environment and put forward control measures.
Based on the four major dammed lake events of Diexihaizi, Tangjiashan dammed lake, and Hongshihe dammed lake in the Sichuan-Tibet area, this paper extracts water bodies from remote sensing images and uses the HEC-RAS model to determine whether there is a risk of the dam break and whether Forecast the route of the dam; and use the InVEST model to evaluate and analyze the habitat of the smallest administrative district (county/district) where it is located from 1990 to 2020 and make an evaluation based on the results of flood inundation.
The results show that the stable dammed lake (Diexi Haizi) after engineering treatment has a stabilizing effect on the habitat quality index. The formation of the dammed lake has changed the nearby land-use types and the regional landscape ecological pattern.
The habitat quality index will decrease slightly in the 1 km area around Sai Lake, but the habitat quality will increase in the 3 km area and the 5 km area. Artificial flood discharge and engineering reinforcement of barrier lakes are necessary. In this paper, the areas with strong human control will recover better than other regions’ habitat quality index.
Fengshan Jiang ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Yunnan University https://orcid.org/0000-0001-6231-6180
Chengdu University of Technology https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1342-6417
Chengdu University of Technology
Kunming institute of surveying and mapping
dammed lake, regional ecology, flood simulation, habitat quality
- Chaoying Hu H S, Tianming Zhang. 2017. Environmental impact assessment of barrier lake treatment project based on
ecological footprint[J]. People’s Yangtze River, 48: 30-32
- Dai F C, Lee C F, Deng J H, et al. 2004. The 1786 earthquake-triggered landslide dam and subsequent dam-break flood on
the Dadu River, southwestern China[J]. Geomorphology, 65.
- Dongjing Chen Z X 2002. Research on Ecological Security Evaluation of Inland River Basin in Northwest China——A Case
Study of Zhangye Region in the Middle Reaches of Heihe River Basin[J]. Arid zone geography: 219-224
- Dongsheng Chang L Z, Yao Xu, Runqiu Huang. 2009. Risk Assessment of Overtopping Dam Burst in Hongshi River Barrier
Lake[J]. Journal of Engineering Geology, 17: 50-55
- Fan X, Yunus Ali P, Jansen John D, et al. 2019. Comment on ‘Gigantic rockslides induced by fluvial incision in the Diexi
area along the eastern margin of the Tibetan Plateau’ by Zhao et al. (2019) Geomorphology 338, 27–42[J].
- Feng Yu X L, Hong Wang, Hongjing Yu. 2006. Land Use Change and Ecological Security Evaluation in Huangfuchuan
Watershed[J]. Acta Geographica Sinica: 645-653.
- Hafiyyan Q, Adityawan M B, Harlan D, et al. 2021. Comparison of Taylor Galerkin and FTCS models for dam-break
simulation[J]. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, 737.
- Haiwen Li X B 2020. Comprehensive Evaluation of the Restoration Status of Damaged Ecological Space along the
Plateau Fragile Area of the Sichuan-Tibet Railway[J]. Journal of Railway Science and Engineering, 17: 2412-2422.
- Haohao Li X R, Huabin Yang. 2008. Rescue construction and thinking of Hongshihe dammed lake in Qingchuan
County[J]. Water Conservancy and Hydropower Technology (Chinese and English): 50-51+62
- Hejun Chai, Runqiu Huang, Hanchao Liu I O E G, Chengdu University of Technology 1997. Analysis and Evaluation of the
Dangerous Degree of Landslide Blocking the River[J]. Chinese Journal of Geological Hazard and Control: 2-8+16
- Hong Wang Y L, Lili Song, Yun Chen. 2020. Comparison of characteristics of thunderstorm and gale activity and
environmental factors in Sichuan-Tibet area[J]. Journal of Applied Meteorology, 31: 435-446.
- Hongyan X, Xu H, Jiang H, et al. 2020. Potential pollen evidence for the 1933 M 7.5 Diexi earthquake and implications for
post-seismic landscape recovery[J]. Environmental Research Letters, 15.
- Hui Xu J C, Zhijiu Cui, Pei Guo. 2019. Analysis of Grain Size Characteristics of Sediment in Dammed Lake——Taking Diexi
Ancient Dammed Lake in the Upper Minjiang River as an Example[J]. Acta Sedimentologica Sinica, 37: 51-61
- Jian Yang B P, Min Zhao. 2014. Research on Ecological Restoration Technology in Wenchuan Earthquake-Stricken Area
——Taking Tangjiashan Barrier Lake Area as an Example[J]. Sichuan Building Science Research, 40: 164-167.
- Jian Yang B P 2017. Evaluation of Ecological Quality of Tangjiashan Dammed Lake Region in Beichuan County[J].
People’s Yangtze River, 48: 27-32
- Jianfeng Chen Y W, Yang Li. 2006. Application of HEC-RAS model in flood simulation[J]. Northeast Water Resources and
- Jiankang Liu Z C, Tao Yu. 2016. Dam failure risk and its impact of Hongshiyan dammed lake in Ludian, Yunnan[J].
Journal of Mountain Science, 34: 208-215
- Jianrong Fan B T, Genwei Cheng, Heping Tao, Jianqiang Zhang,Dong Yan, Fenghuan Su. 2008. Information extraction of
dammed bodies induced by the May 12 Wenchuan earthquake based on multi-source remote sensing data[J]. Journal of
Mountain Science: 257-262.
- Jinghuan Tian K Z, Meng Chen, Fuxin Chai. 2012. Research on the application of HEC-RAS model in flood risk analysis
and assessment[J]. Hydropower Energy Science, 30: 23-25
- Juan He X W 2015. Dam-break flood analysis based on HEC-RAS and HEC-GeoRAS[J]. Journal of Water Resources and
Water Transport Engineering: 112-116
- Junwei Gan L Y, Jinjun Li. 2017. Research on the Influencing Factors of Sichuan-Tibet Tourism Industry Competitiveness
Based on DEMATEL[J]. Arid Land Resources and Environment, 31: 197-202
- Lansheng Wang L Y, Xiaoqun Wang, Liping Duan 2005. Discovery of the ancient dammed lake in Diexi, Minjiang River[J].
Journal of Chengdu University of Technology (Natural Science Edition): 1-11
- Ma S, Zhu J, Ya. H. Year. Construction of Risk Assessment System of Dam-break in Barrier Lake Based on Collaborative
- Ming Zeng Y C, Bingyu Zou. 2019. Discussion on the Method of Forecasting the Flood Evolution of Barrier Lake Burst——
Taking “11·3” Jinsha River Baige Barrier Lake as an Example[J]. Water Resources and Hydropower Express, 40: 11-14
- Ouyang C, An H, Zhou S, et al. 2019. Insights from the failure and dynamic characteristics of two sequential landslides at
Baige village along the Jinsha River, China Landslides[J]. 16.
- Peng M, Zhang L M 2012. Analysis of human risks due to dam-break floods—part 1: a new model based on Bayesian
networks[J]. Natural Hazards, 64.
- Qianfeng Li Y L, Gang Liu, Zhiyun Ouyang, Hua Zheng. 2013. The Impact of Land Use Change on Ecosystem Service
Function——Taking Miyun Reservoir Watershed as an Example[J]. Acta Ecologica Sinica, 33: 726-736.
- Qiang Xu G Z, Weile Li, Zhaoyang He, Xiujun Dong, Chen Guo, Wenkai Feng. 2018. Analysis and study of two landslides
and dams blocking the river in Baige on the Jinsha River in October and November 2018[J]. Journal of Engineering
Geology, 26: 1534-1551
- Qin Ji J Y, Hongju Chen, Man Li. 2019. Analysis of Economic Differences Along the Sichuan-Tibet Railway from the
Perspective of Spatial and Industrial Decomposition[J]. Glacier permafrost: 1-14
- Qingchun Li Y H, Yubing Shi. 2020. Study on the stability of the residual dam in Tangjiashan dammed lake[J]. Journal of
Underground Space and Engineering, 16: 993-998
- Qiwen Xiang J P, Guangze Zhang, Zhengxuan Xu, Dingkai Zhang, Wenli Tu. 2020. Monitoring and Analysis of Surface
Deformation in Zheduo Mountain Area of Sichuan-Tibet Railway Based on SBAS Technology[J]. Surveying Engineering,
- Shangfu Kuang X W, Jinchi Huang, Yinqi Wei 2008. Analysis and Evaluation of Dam-Break Risk of Barred Lake and Its
Influence[J]. China Water Resources: 17-21.
- Sheng-Hsueh Y, Yii-Wen P, Jia-Jyun D, et al. 2013. A systematic approach for the assessment of flooding hazard and risk
associated with a landslide dam[J]. Natural Hazards, 65.
- Sun L 2021. Research on Fast Perception and Simulation Calculation Method of Landslide Dam in Alpine and Gorge
Area: Taking Baige Dammed Lake as an Example[J]. Water Conservancy and Hydropower Technology (Chinese and
English), 52: 44-52
- Tamiru H, O. D M 2021. Application of ANN and HEC-RAS model for flood inundation mapping in lower Baro Akobo River
Basin, Ethiopia[J]. Journal of Hydrology: Regional Studies, 36.
- Tao Pan S W, Erfu Dai, Yujie Liu. 2013. Spatio-temporal changes of water supply services in the ecosystem of the Three
Rivers Source Region based on InVEST model[J]. Journal of Applied Ecology, 24: 183-189
- Vera K, Sergey C, Inna K, et al. 2017. Modeling potential scenarios of the Tangjiashan Lake outburst and risk assessment
in the downstream valley[J]. Frontiers of Earth Science, 11.
- Wang Z 1985. Preliminary Discussion on the Evaluation of Ecological Environment Quality in Minjiang River Basin[J].
Journal of ecology: 29-32
- Wei Chen Z S, Hui Guo,Hao Wang, Ting Wei, Nan Li, Kaiyi Zhang Shuxiang Yang, Kaijia Dai. 2007. Analysis of Bird
Resources and Habitats in Wuhan Urban Lakes and Urban Wetlands in Winter[J]. Forestry Investigation and Planning: 46-
- Wei G, Gaohong X, Jun S, et al. 2020. Simulation of Flood Process Based on the Model of Improved Barrier Lake’s
Gradual Dam Break Model %J Journal of Coastal Research[J]. 104.
- Wei X, Jiang H, Xu H, et al. 2021. Response of sedimentary and pollen records to the 1933 Diexi earthquake on the
eastern Tibetan Plateau[J]. Ecological Indicators, 129.
- Wei Xu M L, Jie Yang, Chunzhi Li, Xiaojuan Shang. 2011. Risk Analysis of Flood Overflow in Huainan Section of Huaihe
River Based on HEC-RAS[J]. Journal of Yangtze River Scientific Research Institute, 28: 13-18
- Weiwei Zhan R H, Xiangjun Pei, Weile Li. 2017. Research on empirical prediction model of channel type landslide-debris
flow movement distance[J]. Journal of Engineering Geology, 25: 154-163
- Xianju Zheng H L, Wenhai Huang. 2015. Numerical Simulation of Reconstruction of Natural Dams Induced by Heavy Rain
——An Example of Tangjiashan Dammed Lake[J]. Business story: 62-63
- Xiao-Qun W, Xin H, Man S, et al. 2020. Possible relatedness between the outburst of the Diexi ancient dammed lake and
ancient Chengdu’s cultural change[J]. Journal of Mountain Science, 17: 2497-2511.
- Xingbo Zhou X D, Yu Yao. 2019. Analysis of the dam-break flood of the Baige dammed lake on the Jinsha River[J].
Hydroelectric Power, 45: 8-12+32
- Xinhua Zhang R X, Ming Wang, Zhiqiu Yu, Bingdong Li, Bo Wang. 2020. Investigation and analysis of flood disaster
caused by dam break of Baige landslide on Jinsha River[J]. Engineering Science and Technology, 52: 89-100
- Xinxiao Yu B Z, Xizhi Lv, Zhige Yang. 2012. Evaluation of Forest Water Conservation Function of Beijing Mountainous
Area Based on InVEST Model[J]. Forestry Science, 48: 1-5
- Xu J, Guo J, Zhang J, et al. 2021. Route choice model based on cellular automata and cumulative prospect theory: Case
analysis of transportation network in Sichuan-Tibet region[J]. Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems, 40.
- Xuan Liang Z Z 2021. Research on the Influence of Numerical Simulation of Tailings Pond Based on FLOW-3D on
Downstream[J]. Jiangxi Water Conservancy Science and Technology, 47: 11-20
- Yu Zheng P Z, Feng Tang, Li Zhao, Xu Zhao. 2018. Research on the Impact of Land Use Change on Habitat Quality in
Changli County Based on InVEST Model[J]. China’s Agricultural Resources and Regionalization, 39: 121-128
- Yuanyuan Yang E D, Hua Fu. 2012. Research Framework of Value Evaluation of Ecosystem Service Function Based on
InVEST Model[J]. Journal of Capital Normal University (Natural Science Edition), 33: 41-47
- Yunfei Ma T L, Jinbiao Xiong. 2021. Numerical simulation of dam-break flow based on VOF method and DFBI model[J].
Applied Technology, 48: 23-28
- Zhe Wu X C, Beibei Liu, Jinfeng Chu, Lixu Peng. 2013. Research progress of InVEST model and its application[J]. Tropical
Agriculture Science, 33: 58-62
- Zhengpeng Li Y H, Yilun Li, Yuehong Ying, Zehua Huangfu. 2021. Numerical simulation of dam-break flood in Qianping
Reservoir based on BIM+GIS technology[J]. People’s Yellow River, 43: 160-164
- Zhenming Shi X X, Ming Peng, Minglang Lin. 2015. Analysis of Seepage Stability of Barrier Dam with High Permeability
Area——Taking Hongshihe Barrier Dam as an Example[J]. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, 46: 1162-1171.
- Zhu J, Qi H, Hu Y, et al. 2012. A DVGE service system for risk assessment of dam-break in barrier lake[J]. International
Conference on Automatic Control and Artificial Intelligence (ACAI 2012).
- Zhu Y, Peng M, Cai S, et al. 2021. Risk-Based Warning Decision Making of Cascade Breaching of the Tangjiashan
Landslide Dam and Two Smaller Downstream Landslide Dams[J]. Frontiers in Earth Science.
- Zuyu Chen G H, Qiang Zhang, Shuaifeng Wu. 2020. Disaster Mitigation Analysis of Cascade Hydropower Stations on the
Jinsha River in “11.03” Baige Barrier Lake Emergency Treatment[J]. Hydropower, 46: 59-63
- Zuyu Chen S C, Lin Wang, Qiming Zhong, Qiang Zhang, Songli Jin. 2020. Inversion analysis of the “11.03” Baige barrier
lake burst flood in the upper reaches of the Jinsha River[J]. Science in China: Technological Science, 50: 763-774.